Monday 3 October 2011

River Heights Rundown: Dr. Jon Gerrard, Liberal Incumbent


Welcome back to the 4-part Battlegrounds: River Heights candidate rundown.

Candidate #3: 

Dr. Jon Gerrard, Liberal Incumbent

Rod Rouge Preferential Ballot Ranking: My First Pick.

Having lived in River Heights during Dr. Gerrard's entire tenure to date as our MLA, I have history with his good office. I watch, I listen, and I feel the impact of having someone like Jon as our MLA.

I have lost track of the number of times people have essentially said, 'No-one helped us but Dr. Gerrard. And he really helped us.' There is no better recommendation for an MLA than the legion whose lives have been made better by this man and his good office.

Good office is not just a pithy turn of phrase this time. Really, Jon's office is the good office. The office that people in trouble with the Government go to, where real help lives. The office that decides to help based on the merit of the case, and not the political advantage therein. The office that knows its job is to serve the people who make up the River Heights constituency, as well as persons from across Manitoba on behalf of the ethos of River Heights. 

Dr. Gerrard has made River Heights a beacon of civility, community service, and just treatment for all Manitoban's to look to. Through his efforts, I hold my head just that much higher. Through his eyes, I see a neighborhood and Province that is just that much better.

Jon is the best candidate River Heights could possibly ask for. They don't get better than this. It is a no-brainer that is such a no-brainer one hardly needs mention that it is a no-brainer.

(River Heights, please consider more than party affiliation on voting day. Much, much more than just party affiliation. Allow your conscience to guide you at the ballot box, and bless you for it.)

So, for my fantasy preferential ballot, I select Dr. Jon Gerrard as my first pick.

(Did I mention it was a no-brainer..?)

No comments:

Post a Comment