Thursday 29 September 2011

Revisiting David Asper's Letter of Recommendation

(... Sleep on it, I thought.

The letter from David Asper rankled you. Get a little sleep, a little distance.

Research. The Internet is right there, use it.

Maybe you aren't being fair enough to David. Maybe he has a right, or even an obligation, to recommend the PC candidate in writing to you and your family.

Maybe he does. I am not in his shoes, or postal code.

I have not walked his mile.)

So, up early, and to work.

Everyone knows that I am a huge fan of the Black Rod. Huge-huge, maybe the hugest. So after some general Googling, I went to the site, clicked the David Asper link, and set to reading.

And now I am... hugely conflicted, Black Rod style. I... I need your help. There, I said it. It feels... better to admit it.

The Black Rod's published transcripts from a CJOB interview with Asper last year:

*"Everybody needs to stay focused... and not get distracted by Mr. McFadyen's cheap slogans," hissed Asper.

"It's so incredibly disappointing, frankly, to hear the scope of how uniformed or ill-informed he is."

"You really have to wonder the value of his contribution to this debate."

"It's a fundamental, fundamental, misunderstanding by Mr. McFadyen of what this deal is all about."

"I just find it very disappointing and, you know, I think that Mr. McFadyen certainly has the education to be a smart personbut..." ...

"... you juxtapose that---you sort of compare that to the guts that it takes from the Premier and the Mayor to actually make something good happen...it sure takes guts to make something happen..."

(*Of course, the stylin' text confirms the authenticity of my Internet source. All rights belong to the Black Rod, I'm only republishing so you feel the true depth of my internal discord.

Link: http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2010/04/david-asper-hitches-blue-bombers-to-ndp.html)


Folks, don't be shy. Write a comment, and guide me a little. Show me some charity, and tell me:

Does David Asper really support the PC candidate in a party lead by Hugh?

What... what should I think when I read David's letter, then the Black Rod's transcripts of David's interview?

I can be a little simple sometimes, I'll admit. I so appreciate your support. Thanks.

(Oh, and BTW, it does take guts to make something happen. Look at how the Jets came home. Look real, real hard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment